Diverse Housing Options for Different Lifestyles
One of the most attractive features of Chesterfield County is the diversity of both housing style and price. Chesterfield offers spacious, award-winning communities and neighborhoods conveniently located near quality shopping and dining.
Planned unit developments, such as Woodlake and Brandermill, were among the forerunners in Chesterfield with recreational activities, neighborhood associations, man-made lakes, walking/biking trails, and other amenities.
Today, other master planned communities, like Hallsley and Magnolia Green, continue to be developed in the county. These communities offer features such as 18-hole golf courses, community centers, and tennis, swimming and clubhouse complexes.
New apartment and multi-tenant complexes are also being built in Chesterfield. These provide additional housing options for workers and families alike.
Selected Housing Statistics for Chesterfield County
- Average assessed value of new single family home built and sold in 2017: $378,321
- Total number of new single family homes built in 2017: 1,149
- Average assessed value of existing single family home: $255,281
- Average real estate taxes on an existing single family home: $2,451
- Average apartment rent (2-bedroom, 950 square-feet) : $970 per month